30 minutes to prep and 50 minutes to cook*
Desirable for: Breakfast, Snack, or Dessert
Total servings: 12 muffins
- muffin pan and and oven to bake with of course!
- food processor IF not that a bowl and wisk will work too
- “ice cream” scoop or spoon for portioning off the batter.
- 1/2 coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 cups almond flour*
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of carrot pulp
- 1/2 cups of apple pulp (optional)
- 2 medium diced apples
Here’s a picture of all the things, this was a very messy experience but I enjoyed myself for sure.
- oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit grease the tin or use paper baking cups.
- small bowl add flax seed and water.
- wisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Coconut oil (should be microwaved if not already melted/liquid)
- Stir together the oil, carrots, apples, almond milk, brownsugar and vanilla extraact. Add flaxseed mix last and stir to unify.
- Combine wet and dry ingridents and stir til unified. (Not too much, you can over do it).
- Disperse batter onto tray evenly using scoop or spoon.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until the
- Let them cool in pan for about 5 then transfer to desired area for cooling.
Side note: I had some issues with the bake time. The recipe I started with said 18 minutes. This batch came to a whopping 50 minutes. I am using a gas oven but I still had an ongoing 20 minute timer just to be sure. Look for browning on the top.
Please tell me you have tried this or a version of it! If you haven’t, I need you to. Seriously! I am not trying to pull your leg or anything. They are so healthy too! All twelve of the muffins were gone within two hours of cooling around these parts. *Le sigh* But I promise you this… everyone will be talking about them that’s for sure!
I hope you try and share this recipe as it is the best thing to have around the house. Also, the cozy months are coming. I’ll be slapping some vegan icing on these later as a show stopper for the holidays! Look out for that recipe later! 😀